SMOC table rental - Terms and Conditions
1. This application is not a confirmation of acceptance to the market.
2. To qualify for the Early Bird discount, applications must be received by April 15, 2018. The Vendor will receive an email by April 16th or sooner to confirm acceptance.
3. If there is space remaining after the April 15th deadline, applications will still be accepted until May 14th, with confirmation emails to be sent by May 15th.
4. Vendor participation is at the SMOC’s discretion and will be based on the SMOC’s needs.
5. Vendor fee of $60 must be received no later than April 23, 2018 to qualify for the Early Bird discount. For all other accepted applicants, Vendor Fee of $75 must be received no later than May 20, 2018.
6. Vendor fee is non-refundable.
7. If full payment of Vendor Fee is not received by the assigned Deadline (April 23 for Early Bird, May 20 for all others), Vendor will not be permitted to sell or display at the event.
Vendor fee can be paid on SMOC website via a link that will be sent to the Vendor upon the acceptance confirmation of the Vendor or by cheque addressed to SMOC and mailed to Hycroft 1489 McRae Ave, Vancouver, BC V6H 1V1.
VENDOR SPACE AND LAYOUT
8. Each Vendor will receive a minimum floor space of 6’ x 8’. Chairs and tables are available on request. If a Vendor requires floor space for a clothing rack, please add the request on the application under “SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS”.
9. SMOC will assign vendor space at its discretion and reserves the right to reassign space or alter the layout at its discretion.
10. Vendors spaces are non-transferable and may not be shared after acceptance without prior approval.
11. Table sharing is allowed, however each vendor must fill the application and write down on the application who they are going to be sharing table with.The division of the table fee is up to the discretion of the vendors sharing the table.
SET-UP AND TEAR-DOWN
12. Set-up commences at 8:30 and is to be completed by 9:45
13. Doors will open to public for Early Entry at 10am and General Entry is at 11am.
14. Vendors must remain until the event closing time at 4pm.
15. Vendors must remove everything from their space including any garbage except for their rentals (table and / or chairs) by 6pm.
MERCHANDISE AND DISPLAY
16. Vendor may use the floor space under the table for display but for safety reasons all aisles and exits must be kept completely clear of merchandise throughout the event.
17. If the Vendor have requested and been approved for additional space (such as a clothing rack or a small side table), it is Vendor’s responsibility to ensure that the display does not interfere with aisles and exits.
18. Vendors shall comply with all venue rules and regulations regarding display materials. Vendors are liable to the owner of the venue if there is such damage.
19. Staples, thumbtacks, scotch tape or any other material which might damage the walls, tables or floor cannot be used. Offenders will be held responsible for any and all cleaning and restoration costs.
20. SMOC reserves the right to restrict the display of any item deemed unsuitable at their sole discretion.
21. Please note that Hycroft is wheelchair accessible but it is with the assistance of Hycroft staff only.
22. Washrooms are available on the floor.
23. Parking is not permitted on the premises however there is free parking available on the street.
24. Loading and unloading is permitted at the set-up and tear-down times only.
ADVERTISING & PROMOTION
25. Vendor agrees that any images and logos that are submitted or photographs that are taken during the event, may be used on promotional materials for the event.
26. SMOC Bizarre Bazaar will be promoted on a variety of compatible internet sites including but not limited to SMOC’s newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other advertising platforms. Vendors are encouraged to use social media to promote the event.
27. SMOC will provide with some promotional materials (such as flyers) to promote the event, per Vendor's request.
28. By participating in SMOC Bizarre Bazaar, the vendor agrees to release, discharge, hold harmless and forever acquit the Hycroft, University Women's Club, other sponsors and their officers, agents, representatives and employees from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, or any liabilities whatsoever, known or unknown, now existing or which may arise in the future, on account of or in any way related to, or arising out of participation in the said Bazaar, including but not restricted to any loss or damage, injury or expense. Further the vendor assumes all responsibility for his/her employee(s), helpers, or any accompanying nonparticipants.
29. I acknowledge that I have read and agree that by submitting this application, I will be bound by the terms and conditions stated above. I will not hold SMOC responsible for any loss, damage or theft of any items. As an independent vendor, I will indemnify SMOC for any loss, fine, penalty, judgement, legal fees, and expenses reasonably connected with my failure to comply with the terms of this agreement or any liability, negligence, gross negligence or injury resulting from my products, actions, conduct, vendor set up, display or trade activities.
Representative from SMOC