Terms and Conditions
1. This application is not a confirmation of acceptance to the market.
2. To qualify for the Early Bird discount, applications must be received by April 15, 2019. Vendors will be notified of acceptance via email by April 17th.
3. If there is space remaining after the April 15th deadline, applications will be accepted until May 15th, with confirmation emails to be sent by May 17th.
4. Vendor participation is at the SMOC’s discretion and will be based on SMOC’s needs.
5. Vendor fee of $60 must be received no later than April 23, 2019 to qualify for the Early Bird discount. For all other accepted applicants, Vendor Fee of $75 must be received no later than May 20, 2019.
6. If the full payment of the Vendor Fee is not received by the assigned deadline (April 23rd for Early Bird, May 20th for all others), the Vendor will not be permitted to sell or display at the event.
7. In the case of cancellations, Vendor Fee is non-refundable unless the space can be filled from a waiting list. Vendor Fees refunded after April 30th will be subject to a $10 service fee.
VENDOR SPACE AND LAYOUT
8. Each Vendor will receive a minimum floor space of 6’ x 8’. Chairs and tables are available on request.
9. Although the ceiling lights will be on, they do not illuminate the entire room evenly, and it is strongly suggested that Vendors bring additional lighting and extension cords. There are numerous electrical outlets available.
10. Table sharing is allowed; both Vendors are required to complete separate applications.
11. SMOC will assign booth space at its discretion and reserves the right to reassign space or alter the layout at its discretion.
SET-UP AND TEAR-DOWN
12. Set-up commences at 8:30am and is to be completed by 9:45am.
13. Doors will open to the public for Early Bird at 10:00 am, and General Entry at 11:00 am.
14. Vendors must remain until the event closing time at 4:00pm.
15. Vendors must remove everything from their space, including garbage, by 6pm.
MERCHANDISE AND DISPLAY
16. Vendor may use the floor space under the table for display but for safety reasons all aisles and exits must be kept completely clear of merchandise throughout the event.
17. Vendors shall comply with all venue rules and regulations regarding display materials. Vendors are liable to the owner of the venue for any damage.
18. Staples, thumbtacks, tape or any other material which may damage the walls, tables or floor cannot be used. Offenders will be held responsible for any and all cleaning and restoration costs.
19. SMOC reserves the right to restrict the display of any item deemed unsuitable, at their own discretion.
20. Please note that Hycroft is wheelchair accessible with help from Hycroft staff only.
21. Washrooms are available on the floor.
22. Parking is not permitted on the premises, but free street parking is available nearby.
23. Loading and unloading is permitted at the set-up and tear-down times only.
ADVERTISING & PROMOTION
24. Vendor agrees that any submitted images and logos, or photographs taken during the event, may be used for promotional purposes.
25. SMOC Bizarre Bazaar will be promoted on a variety of internet sites including but not limited to SMOC’s newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other advertising platforms. Vendors are encouraged to use social media to promote the event.
26. SMOC will provide Vendors with printed and digital promotional materials for distribution.
27. By participating in SMOC Bizarre Bazaar, the vendor agrees to release, discharge, hold harmless and forever acquit the Hycroft, University Women's Club, other sponsors and their officers, agents, representatives and employees from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, or any liabilities whatsoever, known or unknown, now existing or which may arise in the future, on account of or in any way related to, or arising out of participation in the said Bazaar, including but not restricted to any loss or damage, injury or expense. Further the vendor assumes all responsibility for his/her employee(s), helpers, or any accompanying nonparticipants.
28. I acknowledge that I have read and agree that by submitting this application, I will be bound by the terms and conditions stated above. I will not hold SMOC responsible for any loss, damage or theft of any items. As an independent vendor, I will indemnify SMOC for any loss, fine, penalty, judgement, legal fees, and expenses reasonably connected with my failure to comply with the terms of this agreement or any liability, negligence, gross negligence or injury resulting from my products, actions, conduct, vendor set up, display or trade activities.
Please Click Here for a PDF version